Monday, June 22, 2009

Some random stuff...


Well, time grows short here in the Great and Free Northwest States of Greatness and Freedom, and soon I will be heading to warmer, dryer climates. I've had a few Blog ideas bouncing around in my head, but nothing too definite, so I figured I'd throw out a few little ones.

Though with less fanfare than her High School graduate brother, The Daughter has also reached one of life's milestones; finishing the 8th Grade. Her school did nothing for it, so she wasn't particularly excited, but my youngest is now a High School student as well, and will be attending the school from which I matriculated many years ago. At last we will have revenge.



The Lovely Jennifer started it, but now everyone I know is calling me "Sheldon." If you haven't watched CBS' The Big Bang Theory you may not get the reference. It is a very funny show, however tired of being compared to the main geek in the show, I was going to do a blog entry pointing out five reasons I was NOT Sheldon. I could only come up with three.

In related news, the 3 3/4" Star Trek figures at Wal-Mart have been marked down to five bucks. I have been buying Scottys and putting GI Joe heads on them to make expendable Red Shirts. I see a Landing Party gone horribly wrong in their future...


Related to that- I got my JJprise keychain. It makes me happy to sing the music from the film loudly and fly the ship around. More joy than any keychain should bring any man. BTW- I am campaigning for Jolene Blalock to play T'Pring in the next film. Likely? No, but Star Trek is about hope, isn't it?





Kind of a no-brainer I think...







That's all for now- on the road soon, and I will likely next broadcast from a state with a setting sun on it's flag. Hope I can find sushi...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheldon ~ uh,... Dan ~ Did you get a Secret Agent Laser Obstacle Kit? lol

I'm glad you are heading back to AZ because maybe I will get to see you from time to time, but why did your firm have to move you back in JULY? Ugh. Granted, this has been a pretty fantastic summer so far, weather wise... it's just now getting into the 100's up here in Phoenix, but once it warms up, it will probably do so with a vengeance. Yikes. Have you found a place to live yet?

Deborah

Dan said...

July is no issue- I am so looking forward to seeing the sun again as I sit here waiting for movers in July with temps in the high 50s. Freezing my geeky toukis off.

Looking for lodging once we hit the ground. We've tried picking houses from afar, and it never goes well.