Thursday, September 09, 2004

Priorities

OK, let me get this straight; the media wants us to judge who we choose to be our next president based on what they may or may not have done thirty years ago in the military. I don't know about you folks, but who I was 30, or even 20 years ago doesn't have a whole hell of a lot to do with who I am now, and who I will be in four years. Can we please concentrate on relevant facts? Let's talk about 1000 dead soldiers in Iraq, or the fact that the war really never ended as much as we want to claim it has. Let's talk about Kerry's plan to add two Divisions to the US Army, and the impossible to avoid draft that will result in. You want to discuss the candidates and the military? Then there's plenty of things to complain about RIGHT NOW that are far more important than an air guard record or an anti-war book.

One more thing- I'm no Kerry fan, but if anyone has a right to bitch about a war, it's a soldier who fought in it. You know what? I'm pretty anti-war right now because I'm tired of mortars falling on my head. He fought a tougher war than I am, and if it really turned him on the military for a while, I can't blame him. I'll blame him for current plans to screw it up.

No comments: